I am currently reading Lewellen's 2015 Magical Almanac and there is a description of the magical uses of dirt, in particular, graveyard dirt. I have always thought that this was used for dark spells and Voodoo. I didn't think about the properties that this dirt could hold for divination, astral travel and communication with the dead.
There is an old cemetery nearby and I thought that I would grab a jar full of dirt and pay respect to some of the dearly departed. I wandered around for a bit, looking for the right type of dirt, the right consistency and color. I wanted something that was moist enough to gather easily and I did not want to dig up any grass.
I found a flat grave marked, "MOTHER" . No date, but above the marble stone was the perfect dirt. I gathered some in a small apothecary jar and noticed something shiny out of the corner of my eye, paid no mind to it, laid a couple of pebbles on the stone, and said thank you.
I got back in the car and instinctively reached up and touched my left ear and immediately realized that the shiny thing that I saw in the dirt was my earring... and I remembered clearly at that instant that I looked at it in the dirt and knew it was my earring, but something blocked my mind from picking it up. I will take that as a trade for the dirt from above "Mother's" grave. Take something, leave something, but make sure it is worth something to you! Here is my other earring and I plan on collecting dirt from another cemetery soon. I will be leaving this earring... intentionally or accidentally. :)


Take something leave something....a good motto for a good life
ReplyDelete