Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Nepal

Last night in my dreams.... I don't know if I astral projected unknowingly (I have never tried to do this) or if this was a vivid dream, but I was in Nepal. I was covered in dust. I was in torn clothing and I had blood on me. I don't think it was my blood, because I didn't feel any physical pain. I felt the sorrow in my chest like a weight on my heart. I had a lump in my throat was so big that I was sure that I was struggling to breathe. I smelled the decay, the sickness, the death.  I walked among the mountains of rubble.

There was a little boy about 4 years old sitting on what was left of a curb, dirt and dust smeared all over his face with streaks of tears running down. His eyes pierced mine, swollen from sobbing, but glowing like sparkly brown marbles. I sat with him and held him. He did not speak. I knew he had no family left. Eventually he stood up and slowly walked away. 

I heard a woman shouting. She was not speaking English but I understood her cries of anguish. I climbed over broken stones to reach her. She was holding her infant in her arms. She had a crushed leg and was pierced in the abdomen by something metal. Her child was not breathing, she was gone. The tears started to pour out of me and I told the woman everything was going to be alright. I held her hand and she squeezed it tightly until her life force left her body. 

This morning when I woke up,the soles of my feet felt blistered as if I had been walking barefoot in hot rubble all night. My body ached to the core and I was physically exhausted. I heard my son laughing and all I could hear was a little boy crying for his dead mother. 

I break out into fits of tears randomly and I can't shake this feeling of empathy. Last night I cast a circle and sent as much healing energy as I could to the suffering people, could I have opened a doorway that allowed my soul to venture to Nepal in my sleep? I don't know what to do further. I feel broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment